The Bus Stop is a series of true stories about my life, people I've worked with and events I've experienced. Of course the names have been changed. I hope these stories will brighten your day with a few laughs as well as give you encouragement. Hopefully you can avoid making some of the mistakes I've made and if you have already made them, then you can identify with me.


Monday, March 14, 2011

Hi! My Name is Sin

How’s it going? I’ve known all of you since birth and we have become very close at times throughout your life. I wanted to formally introduce myself. I know we have spent much time together, but I just wanted to make sure you knew who I was.

I assume most of you are familiar with my brother the Law of Gravity. Well, I’m the Law of Sin. The Law of Gravity is for holding you down physically on the earth while I, the Law of Sin am responsible for holding you down spiritually. There is also the one I like to call the black sheep of the family called the Law of Righteousness. I really don’t want to talk about him.

It really feels good to be wanted and many of you want me in your lives everyday. There are some of you that try to run me off. However, you usually end up inviting me back, but you won’t let be come back without my cousin justification.

There is something I want to set straight. Satan gets a lot of credit for my work and I want it to stop. Yes we are partners, but the only thing this guy can do is lie and he would be nothing without me. I have to admit he is really good at lying and we do work well together, but give credit where credit is due.

I guess one of my favorite places to work is in the church and of course religions. You have used me in so many areas and I’m good at making a mess of things. It’s like being invited to a banquet when you fight and argue. Egos start flying and before you know it I’m in charge. Hey, I’ve even got many of you rewriting the Bible to make it easier for me to exist in your life.

I’m kind of touched because many of you consider me the fun guy. I’m great at parties especially where alcohol and drugs are consumed. I help you loosen up and do things you really don’t want to do.

Some of my interest are: Destroying marriages and families, destroying lives, where there is a rape or murder you will find me there really enjoying myself, I always enjoy a good mutilation, when I have the opportunity I would very much enjoy watching you being tortured and killed. I’m behind many of the illnesses you people endure, sometimes I provide consolation after I rip your families apart through justification, anger and chemical means, but most of all I want you to know I hate you.

There are two things I hate even more than you. Jesus is the main one; He really frustrates me because he came to abolish me and the of course the Bible because it reveals all my secrets about how I work and how to avoid me. Fortunately most people don’t read their Bibles so I’m not too concerned with that.

I don’t want you to know that these truths. Such as, “What comes out of a person is what defiles them. For it is from within, out of a person’s heart, that evil thoughts come—sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. All these evils come from inside and defile a person.” Mark 7:20-23 I also don’t want you to know, “For all have sinned and fall short of God” and “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 3:23 and Romans 6:23 Please don’t ever read the 10 Commandments.

Fortunately people don’t like to discuss me because that makes them feel uncomfortable. They like to refer to me as mistakes. They don’t like to use my real name because it makes them feel guilty and I love to make people feel guilty. The best part about it is they blame God for making them feel guilty and it’s really me. Some have gone as far as refusing to believe in God to help them to not feel guilty. Hey, that’s just dandy to me and as long you still let me control your life.

Something I find really amusing is when people try to clean me out of their life by doing it themselves. It’s like watching them take a bath in vomit and using feces as a bar of soap. Fortunately they haven’t discovered that Jesus is the only one that can clean them up.

I would like to say in closing, Thanks! Thank you for letting me control you life and keeping you in bondage. You couldn’t have made me prouder when I have destroyed you, your family and friends. Let’s stay close.

No comments: