The Bus Stop is a series of true stories about my life, people I've worked with and events I've experienced. Of course the names have been changed. I hope these stories will brighten your day with a few laughs as well as give you encouragement. Hopefully you can avoid making some of the mistakes I've made and if you have already made them, then you can identify with me.


Monday, March 7, 2011

Heaven: God’s Point of View


I couldn’t find a worthy picture

for this topic so you will have

to use your own imagination.


When we think about heaven, most if not all of us immediately run to our selfish desire and think, “What is it going to be like for me?” “Will I be the same person, will I have special powers, am I going to have fun, will I be old or fat, am I going to get bored or will I finally be free from all my pains and illnesses?”

These are all very normal questions and curiosities. I’ve always asked the same questions. What’s in it for me? This morning as I was reading my Bible this thought came to me. What is it going to be like for God?

Most of you are parents. Imagine for a minute what it would be like to be separated from your children. They don’t know you as well as you would like them to and it may be some time before you get to see them. During this time your children do things that hurt themselves, the don’t even want to talk to you, they run and try to hide from you, but there are some who really seek a relationship with you and spend time with you everyday.

Then the day comes when God has all his children around Him in one place and never to be separated from Him again. We know only a portion of the truth, and what we say about God is always incomplete. But when the Complete arrives, our incompletes will be canceled.

12 We don't yet see things clearly. We're squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won't be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We'll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!

1 Corinthians 13:9,10,12

I can only imagine as a parent only a fraction of what that will be like for our Lord. We will know Him completely as He knows us. Wow! There are several more things I know, however take some time to ponder this for yourself. What will it be like for God? A love without sin, a love without selfishness or any kind of impurity distorting our vision. What a day that will be.

No comments: