The Bus Stop is a series of true stories about my life, people I've worked with and events I've experienced. Of course the names have been changed. I hope these stories will brighten your day with a few laughs as well as give you encouragement. Hopefully you can avoid making some of the mistakes I've made and if you have already made them, then you can identify with me.


Thursday, November 17, 2011

Don’t Think!

This advice is often given to people. The culprit behind this philosophy is usually from our enemy satan. You may have heard “Don’t Think, ACT Quickly or Just Do It or maybe it’s just, Take a Chance.” There are maybe a very few situations that call for spontaneity which I do believe in, but there are so many situations that do require deliberation and truth seeking. There is an old saying that says, “Those who want to deal the worst get the worst deal.” I’ve proven that many times in my life. There are many unwed mothers that gave into Don’t Think, Act! The wise watch their steps and avoid evil; fools are headstrong and reckless. Proverbs 14:16

As in all things there is balance. Satan wants to throw everything out of balance and one of those areas is to get people to quit thinking. Don’t think about what your government is doing, don’t think about what your church is doing, don’t think about what the schools are teaching our children and don’t think about what the Bible is saying, act on what makes you happy. Of course the other side of this coin is, analyze everything to death. Both ways can be dangerous and destructive.

We live in an age that our minds and lives are so full of clutter that we have little time to ponder the truth of God. There are constant distractions that send our thoughts into many places at one time. As it says in Psalm 46:10, Be still and know that I am God. I even noticed that in our churches they seem to work at not losing the momentum in the services and keep us from reflecting on our hearts. I’m not saying they do this purposefully, however it is happening. It’s an old salesman’s game. Don’t give them time to think.

All I am trying to say is slow down. Don’t get ahead of God and ponder what He’s trying to tell you.

No comments: