The Bus Stop is a series of true stories about my life, people I've worked with and events I've experienced. Of course the names have been changed. I hope these stories will brighten your day with a few laughs as well as give you encouragement. Hopefully you can avoid making some of the mistakes I've made and if you have already made them, then you can identify with me.


Monday, November 21, 2011

Rescued

I know there are many times in my life that I have been pulled from the fire. You can probably testify to it as well. As I reflect over my past I see a multitude of incidents where I was either snatched from the jaws of death or some kind of personal destruction. I’m not going to give you all my examples, but take a minute and think about your own situations.


When I got to thinking about this the other day I first began to see the physical situations, but then as I continued to think I saw the many times God had rescued me from spiritual destruction. Of course the first one was when I accepted Jesus into my heart. I’m just thankful God chose me and rescued me.


There have been many times I have strayed from the truth, but God was there to rescue me. There have been several times when I believed I was doing the right thing and following truth but then God opened my eyes and snatched me from the trap. Right now in our time that are so many clever traps and it’s so easy to be beguiled.


If there is one thing I have learned in recent years, if it wasn’t for Jesus walking beside me and guiding me then I would be susceptible to just about everything simply because I can’t see what’s ahead. I don’t mean to be vague, but it is really difficult to put into words. I do know that pride can easily make me fall. This is why we have to hold on tight to Jesus.


He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. Psalm 18:17


Rescue the perishing, care for the dying,
Snatch them in pity from sin and the grave;
Weep o’er the erring one, lift up the fallen,
Tell them of Jesus, the mighty to save.

  • Refrain:
    Rescue the perishing, care for the dying,
    Jesus is merciful, Jesus will save.

No comments: