The Bus Stop is a series of true stories about my life, people I've worked with and events I've experienced. Of course the names have been changed. I hope these stories will brighten your day with a few laughs as well as give you encouragement. Hopefully you can avoid making some of the mistakes I've made and if you have already made them, then you can identify with me.


Monday, February 7, 2011

The Boogey Man

I know that all of you around my age remember being told the stories about the boogey man. “Watch out for the boogey man” or “You had better do this or the boogey man will get you.” Adults or parents used the boogey man as an attempt to create obedient behavior with their children. Every generation and culture has one.

Another word for boogey man is manipulation. Governments, religious organizations, churches, businesses and other entities have their own type of boogey man. The main one our government has been using for the last 30 years or so is called “Global Warming.” The one they have been using for the last 10 years is called “Terrorist.” These 2 scares have given our government a blank check to do just about anything they desire. Before this it was “Communist” and it there is one for every generation. It’s amazing how many freedoms we have lost concerning these boogey men.

We are never going to stop all these boogey men that are used against us, but we can have the advantage of knowing. Such as, global warming theory is ridiculous. The earth is not ever going to be destroyed by water such as it did in the movie “2012.” “I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be destroyed by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth.” Genesis 9:11

I don’t know about you, but I have a lot more faith in God’s promises than scientist predictions. Many people have been lead down the path of psychopathic cult leaders due to the fact of their ignorance of God. Many people have believed so many lies simply because they didn’t know the Truth. I’ve heard many say, “I have to admit I don’t know too much about the Bible.” In this country the only one to blame for that is ourselves.

We have to be on our guard because a person that doesn’t believe in anything will fall for everything. There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 16:25 I have much more to say on this matter, but not enough time.

No comments: