The Bus Stop is a series of true stories about my life, people I've worked with and events I've experienced. Of course the names have been changed. I hope these stories will brighten your day with a few laughs as well as give you encouragement. Hopefully you can avoid making some of the mistakes I've made and if you have already made them, then you can identify with me.


Monday, September 26, 2011

Blessed Distractions

I am continually amazed when I see all the bountiful distractions satan has for us. Many of them seem so spiritual; however satan sets them in our path to get us off course and change our focus. I’ve seen people get angry and even fighting mad because others refuse to see their point of view. People are not only arguing, but developing groups in association with their beliefs. There are those who would ask you if you are Pre-trib, Mid-trib or Post-tribulation believers. Some of you may not even know what any of these mean. They’re asking, when do you believe Jesus is going to rapture His church? I even argued for pre-trib for a while until I realized it really wasn’t important and it was a distraction.

There are those who go round and round over the Gap-Theory. If you don’t know what this is then I won’t tell you because you really don’t need to know because it’s not important and I don’t want to be the cause of any distractions and that’s all it is. I’m sure there are some who have argued if Adam had a belly button or not. There are many more out there.

I believe some get involved in these things simply because they like controversy or it’s a good way to act spiritual while running from their real issues and sin. I can’t help but think…There is so much God has clearly shown us in His Word so why do we get wrapped up in things that have no definite answers. I have plenty to do. It’s kind of like one of your children working on the lawnmower in the winter when their room needs to be clean.

If someone ask me if I’m pre, mid or post I tell them that I know Jesus is coming back and when He does really doesn’t matter. We just need to be ready. Many times I get overwhelmed with all that the Bible tells me and I realize that there is no way I can do it and give up. Believe it or not that is the first step in walking with Jesus. When we realize it is above our ability to do this, then Jesus says, “Finally!” Now we’re at a place where He can start living through us. Phil. 4:13 This usually arrives between the ages of 40-50. When we have done all we can do and tried all we can try then we finally surrender to God.

That was what the Law was for. It was to show us we need help and lots of it. It was not created for us to obtain to make us feel spiritual or to make us feel guilty, worthless or like failures, but to show us we couldn’t do it and our need for Jesus. Jesus consolidated everything for us to help us. This is step 2. It’s in Matthew 22:37-40. 37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

If you don’t think you love yourself then I would be glad to prove that you do.

No comments: