The Bus Stop is a series of true stories about my life, people I've worked with and events I've experienced. Of course the names have been changed. I hope these stories will brighten your day with a few laughs as well as give you encouragement. Hopefully you can avoid making some of the mistakes I've made and if you have already made them, then you can identify with me.


Monday, August 1, 2011

Our Need for Justice

Planted deep within all of us is a need for justice. I know many of you have seen movies that create a desire for us to see the villain get what’s coming to him in the end. They usually have him die some horrific death to please the audience. If he escapes, then it leaves us with an emptiness and anger. It could also mean there is going to be a sequel.

In real life I know there are stories of someone being arrested of a horrible crime such as raping and murdering a little girl. They have indisputable evidence, but it becomes inadmissible because they misspelled his name on the arrest form. I don’t know of a specific situation at this time, but I know it has happened. Many despicable people have been released due to crooked judges. This is where vigilantes come from.

I recently watched the documentary called Auschwitz. Auschwitz was one of the major death camps of WWII. The horrors there were unprecedented. Rudolf Hess was the commandant of this camp. He testified that over 3 million people (mostly Jews) were executed there. They were executed for no other reason than for being a Jew. After he was hanged for his war crimes one man said, “It really doesn’t seem to be much justice. One man for 3 million.” Cowards like Adolf Hitler took their own lives so they didn’t have to face judgment. This infuriated many people.

The one thing we have to remember is NO ONE escapes judgment. Some may escape it while on this earth, but all of us will stand before God. For those in Christ will stand judgment at the Judgment Seat of Christ.

“But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written:
“ As I live, says the LORD,
Every knee shall bow to Me,
And every tongue shall confess to God.” So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.”
Romans 14:10-13

Those without Christ will stand before The Great White Throne Judgment. I pray that none of you are in the latter. There will not be any greater horrifying judgment than this ever.

Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire. Revelation 20:11 & 15

There has always been injustice in this world we live in. The greatest injustice ever was when they crucified Jesus. A perfect man, who never committed a sin, loved all and was mutilated for our sins. I’m so grateful He did this for me, but not how He had to do it for me. Our need for justice I believe is something that God implanted within all of us and someday we will all see perfect justice.

No comments: