The Bus Stop is a series of true stories about my life, people I've worked with and events I've experienced. Of course the names have been changed. I hope these stories will brighten your day with a few laughs as well as give you encouragement. Hopefully you can avoid making some of the mistakes I've made and if you have already made them, then you can identify with me.


Monday, April 18, 2011

Well Done

No, I’m not talking about how you might like your steak. All of us love to hear those words after we’ve done a good job at something whether it was at work, a performance or maybe just being a good parent. Can you imagine one of your children telling you this? I know it’s up there with fantasy, but we can hope.

Since early in my life this scripture has stuck in my heart. “Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!” Matthew 25:21 To this day it still rings in my heart. These are the words I long to hear from my savior.

I do want to use the talents, abilities and gifts Jesus has given me for His purpose and not my own. It’s easy to use those things which are actually His to edify and glorify ourselves. It could be anything from singing, making money or any other talent or ability we have.

We all need to realize that we will all be standing before our Lord someday. What will He say to us? Are those words important to you?

No comments: