The Bus Stop is a series of true stories about my life, people I've worked with and events I've experienced. Of course the names have been changed. I hope these stories will brighten your day with a few laughs as well as give you encouragement. Hopefully you can avoid making some of the mistakes I've made and if you have already made them, then you can identify with me.


Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Cup

A cup has many functions and meanings, but how we use the cup is mostly for containing liquid or even solids. We can put all types of things in a cup. We can use it to contain coffee, sodas, tea or many other beverages, but it can also be used to contain poison, urine or other types of undesirable liquids.


One of the points I’m trying to make is a cup is neither good nor bad. It can have all kinds of usage. The cup is just a cup. What is put in the cup doesn’t change the cup itself, but it does change how it is perceived.


Many believe when they get to heaven there will be a scale to weigh our good deeds and evil deeds. Depending on how the scale is tipped will depend on our destination. So if we do a lot of evil deeds then we will go to hell and if we do a lot of good deeds then we will go to heaven.


The only way we can get into heaven is we would have to be perfect and I know I’ve already blown that chance as well as everyone else. Eternally the cup is the problem and it needs to be exchanged for a new cup and the only one who has that is Jesus Christ. This is the perfect cup we need to exchange for. What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? Matthew 16:26 Before a person accepts Jesus into their heart their cup is headed for hell. It doesn’t matter how clean or dirty their cup is at the time. The same thing applies when a person who has accepted Jesus into their heart. They receive a new cup bound for heaven from that point on and it can’t be taken away. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. John 10:29

No comments: