The Bus Stop is a series of true stories about my life, people I've worked with and events I've experienced. Of course the names have been changed. I hope these stories will brighten your day with a few laughs as well as give you encouragement. Hopefully you can avoid making some of the mistakes I've made and if you have already made them, then you can identify with me.


Friday, November 13, 2009

Glimpse of God

So many times when I’m reading God’s word or perhaps meditating, or sometimes not even thinking about God at that particular time and all of a sudden I get a glimpse of God. What is a glimpse of God? The best way I can describe this is when everything about God, heaven, eternity, life or just a particular verse comes into focus and makes perfect sense. In other words, you see the big picture.

You could call it several things I guess, such as, insights, gifts, a taste of heaven, a special touch, a revelation. The main thing is that I enjoy these brief moments so much and I wish they would come more often. The only thing I don’t like about these special times is that they quickly fade away. I want to call someone up and tell them about it and before I get the chance, the glimpse is gone. You desperately try to recall the moment, but it’s just gone. Even if you wanted to share it with someone, you just can’t find the words to express what you’ve seen or understood.

Why can’t we hold on to these or why does God not let us? I believe that these are blessings and gifts that God gives us and they are just for us. He’s excited about giving us these gifts just as we just as we get excited about giving a special gift to someone. I know when I give someone a special gift just for them; it’s just for them and no one else.

Luke 11:13
If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!

No comments: